When to Call a Professional Refinisher
Call a professional before attempting repairs if:
- Your furniture finish is cracking, forming a pattern resembling alligator skin or peeling.
- There are deep gashes, cuts, dents or burns in the finish film.
- Nail polish or polish remover has been spilled on the hardwood.
- Oil-based paint has dried on the surface.
- The hardwood surface is marred by magic markers.
- You are unsure as to what kind of finish film (shellac, varnish, lacquer, etc.) is on your hardwood product.
- There are squeaks in your hardwood floors, whether carpeted or not.